Have an experience of a lifetime!
We hope you will join us as we travel to Poland and Austria to explore common heritage, learn about genealogy, remember the Holocaust, and meet young Poles and Austrians who are committed to and have taken great strides toward commemorating Jewish Life in their towns. The trip will surely have countless meaningful moments of learning, but we also hope it will include many moments of fun and friendship as well.
Genealogy Resource Links
Resources to come…
Can I book my own flights?
Flight arrangements are the responsibility of each traveler. At the current time we are not offering a group flight. Buffalo Jewish Federation will provide recommended flight information when it becomes available.
Should I get a new passport?
A passport valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of travel is required.
ETIAS Travel Authorization
The European Union will soon require incoming foreigners to fill out an online authorization application before entry into 30 European countries. To learn more go to: https://travel-europe.europa.eu/etias_en
Should I purchase travel insurance & supplemental medical coverage?
Yes! We urge you to purchase cancellation insurance & supplemental medical coverage (which covers preexisting conditions). This is a smart way to safeguard against life’s surprises.
We recommend Travel Insured International for all your travel insurance needs.
Phone Number: 1-800-344-6226 ext. 257
What are the hotel accommodations?
What is not included in the cost of the trip?
- Credit card fees
- Extra touring day and night in Vienna (April 11)
- Flights to & from Europe
- Gratuities: Recommend guidelines for tipping are provided in the terms section
- COVID related expenses, including tests
- Evening transportation when dinner is not included
- Amendments to the program. In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc. are added to the program, an additional fee may be required
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea. food other than the meals that are included (daily breakfast, 3 lunches and 5 dinners), passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable
What is the payment and cancellation policy?
- Payments – The balance of your payment is due 90 days before your trip begins, or as specified in your invoice. You will receive an email reminder 2 weeks before this date. Various payment options are available as follows:
- Credit card – We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- Domestic bank wire transfer
- J² Adventures reserves the right to automatically cancel your reservation on that date and it may be subject to reconfirmation should the final payment not be received.
- Cancelation Policy – All cancelations need to be made in writing. The cancelation fee depends on the date when we receive written notification of your request to cancel your booking. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancellation fees
- Cancellations made 90 or more days prior to departure incur the loss of the deposit. Cancellations made 89 to 46 days prior to departure incur the loss of 50% of the full trip cost.
- Cancellations made 45 days or less prior to the departure incur the loss of 100% of the full trip cost.
- Cancellation fees may also include: Hotel or supplier cancellation fees. J² Adventures reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancellation policies and initial deposits.
Can I pay on a payment plan?
For any assistance with this registration process or other trip-related queries including payment plans, please email Customer Care: email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Can I bring my children on the Jewish Buffalo Exploring our Roots trip?
This experience is intended for people 18 years of age and older.
Who will be our tour guides?
We will be led by some of the best guides in the region, including highly trained J2 Adventures team members.
Will there be a meeting in Buffalo before we travel to Poland and Austria?
Yes, there will be at least one (possibly two) gatherings in Buffalo before we depart on April 2, 2024.
Will there be free time to visit my family or shop?
Yes! There will be a variety of different times throughout the experience when you can explore cities on your own. These will be great times to meet a family member for dinner or shop! Alternatively, our travel agent can help you extend your stay in Poland or Austria.
Will I have time to exercise?
There will be free time in the evening and time before breakfast to walk, run or take advantage of the hotel fitness facilities.
Info to follow