Buffalo Jewish Community Relations Council Engagement Intern
Buffalo JCRC is seeking a student who is civically engaged, passionate about social justice, and willing to help build relationships with people from a range of religious, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. Since its inception in April 2018, with part-time staff, Buffalo JCRC has created over 30 events/initiatives annually and deepened partnerships with 15 organizations and community leaders. These are the lifeblood of a JCRC; creating and sustaining relationships and coalitions in a collective effort to build a civil and caring society. JCRC is a volunteer-led council with professional staff who execute the majority of the operations. The JCRC engagement intern reports to the JCRC director.
You are (qualifications):
- passionate about civic engagement and social justice.
- understand or have familiarity with the Jewish community, customs, and traditions.
- committed to a vibrant Jewish community that includes love of Israel including dedication to a 2-state solution and continued dialogue between Israel and Palestinians with a goal of peaceful co-existence.
- extremely organized, self-starter, responsive, and have ability to meet deadlines.
- willing to work from home, attend meetings, write summary notes.
- an excellent writer.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of ZOOM, CANVA, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, as assets.
Responsibilities (may vary):
- Social Marketing/Communications
- JCRC Connections – Help identify, research, and write copy for quarterly e-newsletter and many Facebook, Instagram, and Constant Contact posts.
- Post on Facebook and Instagram multiple times a week for events and educational purposes.
- Create graphics/flyers for events. Ability to use Canva as an asset.
- Create surveys via Survey Monkey.
- Assist with racial justice sub-committee and other events/meetings as needed.
- Help prepare and facilitate Zoom Webinars including managing technology.
- JCRC Webpages
- Gather updates for the JCRC Voting Webpage twice a year for each Primary and General Election, including dates of election, early voting dates, registration deadlines, absentee ballot deadlines, candidate info, etc. using Erie County and NYS Board of Elections sites. Then work with the Federation Marketing Director to ensure these updates are made accurately.
- Update content for the Engage in Racial Justice webpage when needed.
- Create more content on other JCRC topics, if needed.
- Effectively interview community members and write their profiles for the Jewish Journal and My Jewish Buffalo email newsletter.
Compensation: This is a paid internship ($15/hr.) Approximately 5 hours/week, starting August 25, 2022
Apply: Send cover letter, resume and writing/graphic sample to Mara Koven-Gelman, firstname.lastname@example.org