Western New York Resources
- 24-Hour Hotline 716-834-3131
- Addiction Hotline 716-831-7007
- Kid’s Helpline 716-834-1144
Domestic Violence Services
- Family Justice Center (Erie County) 716-558-7233 or email@example.com
- Pinnacle Community Services (Niagara County) 716-285-6984
- The Food Bank of WNY and Meals on Wheels for WNY have joined forces to become FeedMore WNY: 716-852-1305
NYS COVID-19 Updates and Information
- COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- Updates from Governor Cuomo found HERE.
Family Justice Center
- As the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues in our community, many people are facing quarantines and disruptions to their daily routines. If these changes bring anxiety or fear for your safety at home, please reach out to the Family Justice Center for help with safety planning and connections to additional community support. While FJC offices are closed for in-person services, please call 716-558-SAFE(7233) to speak with a trained advocate or click HERE to chat online between 9 am and 5 pm each weekday.
Town of Amherst
- Latest updates from the Town of Amherst can be found HERE.
Jewish Buffalo Resources
Buffalo Jewish Federation
- Do you have questions, concerns or are you in need of support? Connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Family Service of Buffalo and Erie County
- Counseling Services, Career Services, Navigating Benefits and Volunteer Opportunities. Click HERE.
- Hillel students are available to provide academic assistance and/or entertainment for your child(ren) via phone, Zoom, FaceTime, or other social platforms. Fill out the quick form HERE to be matched with a Hillel Helper.
- If any other college students who are currently quarantining in Buffalo want to be a helper, email Alexa HERE.
- Elderly individuals craving social contact can also be matched with a Hillel Helper for weekly calls via phone, Zoom, FaceTime, or other social platforms. Email Alexa HERE to register.
Jewish Community Center of Buffalo
- Online content is available via facebook groups! Check out JCC Buffalo Cultural Arts and JCC Buffalo Fitness
- Luscious by Lori is now accepting orders for curbside pickup of the following prepared menu items: Veggie Lasagna, “Famous” Morrison Mac & Cheese, Eggplant Parmesan, Veggie Chili, Soup, Wraps, Salads, and Pizza. Call 716-998-0218 or email Lori HERE for more information and to place an order. Full menu with prices can be found HERE.
- BK Gourmet at the Myers Family Tel Aviv Cafe at the Benderson JCC is now offering curbside pickup on Thursdays 11 am – 5 pm. Visit www.bkgourmet.com for menu and contact information.
Hebrew Benevolent Loan Association
- Interest-free, confidential loans to those with a need, especially recognizing the financial hardship brought about by COVID-19. Call 716-204-0542, email email@example.com or click HERE for more information.
Daily Guided Meditation with Rabbi Adam Scheldt
- Daily 10-15 minutes of guided meditations live streamed via facebook. Check it out HERE.
Jewish Federations of North America
- A website with something for everyone. Resources for the self, the team, and the Jewish world, Virtual Meetups, Jewish Daily videos, and more! Click HERE.
Hillel @ Home
- Wonderful resources with speakers and learning opportunities. Click HERE.
PLACES OF WORSHIP
There are many virtual offerings for everyone in our community. Click below to view your opportunities.
Congregation Beth Abraham
Kehillat Ohr Tzion
Congregation Shir Shalom
Temple Beth Tzedek
Jewish Discovery Center
Temple Beth Zion
Jewish Cultural Resources
The Jewish Film Institute
- The San Francisco Jewish Film Festival has made many of its amazing movies available on demand through its website. Click HERE.
- A new streaming service recently launched by Menemsha Films, dedicated solely to Jewish themed films and entertainment
- View the best of Jewish films, with new films being made available as fast as they can be added!
- Click HERE to sign up for your FREE 30-day trial, and start enjoying great entertainment
- Distributor of many films for the Buffalo International Jewish Film Festival
- 34 award-winning films are now on sale via iTunes and Amazon Prime Video for .99 cent rental or $4.99 purchase
- Titles and download information can be found HERE.
Free Film Screening: Sustainable Nation
- This documentary follows three Israeli innovators who are doing their part to bring sustainable water solutions to an increasingly thirsty planet
- Watch HERE
Opportunities for you to engage in Gemilut Chasidim (Acts of kindness)
Kosher Meals on Wheels
- Volunteers are needed to pick up food and deliver safely to home-bound community members on Tuesdays and Fridays at noon (no delivery 4/10)
- Contact Rabbi Laizer Labkovski: 716-639-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kadimah Scholars at Park
- Students and families are available to call home-bound seniors and other community members
- Student can read stories (Hebrew/English), pray, or have a conversation about Jewish life
- Contact Hallie Keren, President of Kadimah Scholars at Park at email@example.com
- Many students may not be able to travel home (especially foreign students)
- Contact Rabbi Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-616-0083 if you can help students who may be here through the coming weeks.
JFS’s Emergency COVID-19 Donation Drive
- Medical supplies, non-perishable food items, cleaning supplies, and personal care items are in need
- Drop off items at 70 Barker Street, Buffalo 14209 in the bins located in the downstairs hallway
Other Volunteer Opportunities through JFS
- Make a phone call or write a letter to a Holocaust Survivor who is not able to visit with their loved ones
- Arrange delivery of groceries or a take-out meal to a low-income family, or someone who is quarantining due to vulnerability
- Make a phone call or write a letter to a senior citizen who is socially isolated in an assisted living home
- To participate in any of these opportunities, contact Sierra Johnston at 716-548-0431 or email@example.com
The saving of a human life, is a guiding principle in Judaism. Our Jewish values once again help guide all of the decision-making our community leaders will undertake during this time.
In the most trying times, our texts offer words of wisdom, comfort and healing. Let us rely on our knowledge, strength and compassion as we navigate these uncharted waters.
Thank you for your continued patience and support.