Celebrating the diversity of Jewish Buffalo.
Jewish Teen Leadership Fellowship
June 7 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on October 27, 2019 at 2:00 pm
One event on November 17, 2019 at 4:00 pm
One event on December 15, 2019 at 4:00 pm
One event on January 19, 2020 at 2:00 pm
One event on February 4, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on March 22, 2020 at 4:30 pm
One event on April 19, 2020 at 2:00 pm
One event on May 17, 2020 at 2:00 pm
One event on June 7, 2020 at 2:00 pm
THE MARCH 22 SESSION WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY. CONTACT MIKE FOR DETAILS.
The Buffalo Jewish Teen Leadership Fellowship is a program of the Buffalo Jewish Teen Initiative (JTI). The fellowship invests in the future leaders of the Buffalo Jewish community though an experiential 9-month long leadership program for teens in grades 10, 11 and 12. Fellows will meet monthly to explore Buffalo and their connection to Judaism through community partnership discussions, practice Jewish values through Mussar, and engage and enrich their community.
Opening Retreat held October 26-27
Sunday afternoons around Buffalo: November 17, December 15, January 19, February 4, March 22, April 19, May 17, June 7. Celebration of Learning/Graduation held June 18.
FEE: $540, scholarships are available.
Registration information will be emailed to accepted fellows. As part of the application process, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Teen Leadership Fellowship?
- What skills do you hope to gain from the program?
- Describe an occasion where you interacted with people different than yourself (i.e. different culture or age) and what did you learn about yourself from that experience?
- What skills/gifts/strengths do you believe you will be able to contribute to the cohort experience?
- What role do you think teens can play in shaping Jewish Buffalo?
Once you begin the application, you will not be able to save it and continue at a later time, so we suggest that you prepare the answers to the above questions before you begin your application.
*This online application works best from a desktop computer
Applications due by September 23, 2019.